WelcomeAbout the SchoolSunnylandsInformationSport and CultureGalleryContact Us

 

St Peter's School was founded in Kettering in 1946 as a Preparatory School, its first Headmistress being Miss Joyce Rutherford. Alan Timpson was one of the Founders of the school and the main building, Sunnylands, was originally the Timpson family home. The house was built in 1893 to the design of JA Gotch and is now a Grade 2 listed building.  It was recently photographed for inclusion in a book of Northamptonshire's most interesting buildings.

The Infant block was added in 1949 and the Nursery has accepted pre-school children since 1968. The new Infant building was completed in 1990, to the design of the architects Gotch, Saunders and Surridge.

St Peter's School has over the years built up a reputation for excellence. It is a lively, friendly school, where children are encouraged to develop to the full their individual strengths and talents. The happy family atmosphere is reinforced by the fact that many of our current pupils are children, grandchildren, nephews or nieces of former pupils. This sense of community and continuity is a source of great pride.

 St Peters School
Sunnylands Limited is registered as a charity No. 309914. Registered in England No. 00414674
Copyright © 2009 - 2014 St Peters School, Kettering. All rights reserved. www.acuityonline.co.uk